Every exotic animal deserves the right nutrition
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Chicken meal, poultry by-product meal, ground brown rice, dried beet pulp, corn gluten meal, porcine animal fat preserved with BHA and citric acid, dehulled soybean meal, poultry fat preserved with BHA, natural poultry flavor, fish meal (menhaden), dried whey, wheat germ, fish oil (menhaden), phosphoric acid, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate (a preservative), lecithin, taurine, salt, potassium chloride, dl-methionine, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; ascorbic acid, rosemary extract), choline chloride, l-lysine, ferrous sulfate, inositol, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), niacin, manganous oxide, thiamin mononitrate, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, calcium iodate, calcium pantothenate, copper sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, zinc sulfate, vitamin A acetate, folic acid, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Use the following 2-step equation to determine a daily total-diet feeding rate for small felines, on a dry matter (DM) basis*. If animals are supplemented with other foods, the amount of Mazuri® Exotic Feline Diet, Small offered must be reduced. If feeding meat items, the higher moisture content of these must be factored to ensure inclusion at proper amounts.
- 140 x (kg body weight) 0.75 = Feed intake (kcal/day)
- Feed intake / 3,835 = kilograms of diet to feed daily, DM
- In general, by using equations above, the recommended feed intake will be 1-3% of body weight per day.
- Animals that are growing, reproducing (particularly during late stages of pregnancy), or lactating lactation will have higher needs.
- While these equations are a useful starting point, it is always best to feed to body condition and keep animals at optimal body condition even if that means feeding more, or often less, than the equation would predict.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing