Every exotic animal deserves the right nutrition
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Ground Wheat, Dried Egg Product, Fructose, Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ, Dried Whey, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Calcium Carbonate, Corn Gluten Meal, Casein, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Bran, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Folic Acid, Natural Flavor, Taurine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Salt, DL-Methionine, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, L-Lysine, d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid (a Preservative), Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Nicotinic Acid, Copper Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Sodium Selenite.
Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit is designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume about 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e., a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on as “as fed” basis is would consist of 60% produce/browse and 40% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 6 lb. of produce/browse plus 4 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- Adjust daily feed intake based on the health status, body condition and nutrient level desired to meet the needs of your primates.
- Diet may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate Diets contain a stabilized form of vitamin C that is stable under appropriate storage conditions for at least 1 year from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag.
Thoroughly wash feed and water bowls on a regular basis. It is always good practice to wash hands thoroughly after feeding and/or handling animals. This diet is not for human consumption.
For best results, reseal the bag between uses or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75⁰F/24⁰C or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location free from rodents and insects. Do not offer moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may result in illness, performance loss or death. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing or "Best if Used By" date.