Every exotic animal deserves the right nutrition
|Crude protein not less than|
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Total Microorganisms not less than
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Enterococcus faecium)*
*Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings, Corn Protein Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Ground Flaxseed, Glyceryl Monostearate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Wheat Germ, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Propionate (a Preservative), Salt, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Choline Chloride, Dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Folic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Citric Acid (a Preservative), Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin-5-Phosphate, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Nicotinic Acid, Ferrous Carbonate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Beta Carotene, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.
- This diet should be fed to birds prior to breeding and throughout the breeding season.
- If the birds are seasonal breeders or they are managed to be seasonal breeders, offer the Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet at the start of the breeding season.
- If the birds are bred all year, feed this diet continuously.
- Wean young birds on this diet and continue feeding until first molt. After first molt, switch birds to Mazuri® Small Bird Diet.
- To switch birds from seeds (or any diet they are currently being fed) to Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet, do a gradual changeover. Start with 90% seed (or current diet) and 10% Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be especially attentive during the 10th to 12th day.
- If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet and restart the conversion process from this point.
- If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
- Thoroughly wash feed and water bowls on a regular basis. It is always good practice to wash hands thoroughly after feeding and/or handling animals.
- This diet is not for human consumption.
For best results, reseal the bag between uses or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F/24°C or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location free from rodents and insects. Do not offer moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may result in illness, performance loss or death. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing or "Best if Used By" date.